Alita: Battle Angel - Review

Alita Battle Angel


Alita: Battle Angel - Review


This year, I am here with a review of a film that I think I have watched three times in a row.
The film, directed by Robert Rodriguez, takes place in a futuristic future and, after a great war ends, the world has become a place called Zalem where the elite live, and the surface where ordinary people live.

Doctor Ido, whom we can call a machine doctor, one day finds a girl while wandering in the city scrapyard, the city dump, and takes her home, attaches to her the body he previously made for his own daughter, and helps her come back to life. He gives her the name Alita, which was his own daughter’s name, and thus our film begins.

Alita, with the new people she meets in the world, plays a game called motorball, and later goes with her friends she plays motorball with to the wreck of an old spaceship, and after finding an armor there brings it to Doctor Ido. Though she wants Ido to put this armor on her, Ido initially refuses.
Our stubborn character provokes the hunter warriors, and after losing her old body during a battle where she saves Ido by fighting someone stronger, Ido is forced to put this new armor on Alita.

The armor turns out to be a 300-year-old device produced and used by Mars colony soldiers during wartime, and it is thus revealed that Alita is a 300-year-old cyborg.

The main character in Zalem goes after Alita and the real action begins. Alita, who at first has lost her memory and remembers nothing, starts to remember everything towards the end and things heat up.

I tried to explain this film without spoilers for those who will watch it for the first time, and I think the best decision is to leave you with the film’s trailer.

I really enjoyed watching this movie and I think it is a film that sci-fi lovers will watch with pleasure.
The reason for the delay in the release of Avatar’s 2nd installment is said to be this film; both have the same director, and our director has brought Alita to the market with a lot of effort and hope.

At the end of the film, we were greeted with a finale indicating that new sequels will come out, and I am impatiently waiting for the next part.