Books Speak with Storytel


Books Speak with Storytel

 In this article, I want to tell you about a book application, one that I have been quite obsessed with lately and managed to finish 5 books in 4 days.

Storytel is an app where physical books are voiced by professional voice artists, allowing users to listen to these recordings—in other words, finish books by listening instead of reading.

You can add books voiced and brought to life by many renowned names like Selçuk YÖNTEM and Barış ÖZCAN to your list, download them to your phone, and listen while working out, walking on the road, or in traffic while driving.

I usually close my eyes at home for about 30 - 40 minutes, open that book I want to read but feel too lazy to start, and listen by visualizing the descriptions in the book. It really is a wonderful experience that I think everyone should try at least once in their lifetime.

Although I am not the right age for it, the previous generations had something called "radio cinema" and I hear it was quite entertaining. Maybe it's not exactly the same, but with Storytel, we can somewhat experience radio cinema.

Of course, you don’t just have to listen to books with Storytel; for some books, you can also read them, although not all books have this option.

As for the features of the application;

  1. Creating a book list.
  2. Seeing finished books.
  3. Reviewing and rating books.
  4. Recommended books.
  5. Sleep timer.
  6. Adjusting playback speed.
  7. Continuing to listen to books in the background.
  8. Seeing how many people are listening to the same book at the same time.
  9. Taking notes with bookmarks.
If you’d like some book recommendations from me, here are a few I can recommend to listen to:
  1. White Nights (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
  2. The Alchemist (Paul Coelho)
  3. The Time Machine (H.G Wells)
For now, these are the books I recommend you listen to.

Images from the Application

Storytel Menu Storytel Player

Storytel Library Storytel Book

Storytel Discover