Enabling exFat on Ubuntu

Enabling Ubuntu Ex-Fat


Enabling Ubuntu Exfat

Method 1

Hello friends, in this post I will explain how to activate exfat HDDs on systems with Ubuntu installed and how to read and write on these HDDs.

Frankly, I will tell you how to activate exfat on Ubuntu.

What you need to do is very simple, first open the terminal, type the code below, press enter, and reboot the system.

sudo apt-get install exfat-fuse exfat-utils

After doing this and restarting your system, your system will now be able to recognize exfat disks and you can transfer files to exfat disks.

If method 1 does not work, method 2;

You can open the terminal and apply the following.
apt-add-repository ppa:relan/exfat
apt-get update
apt-get install fuse-exfat exfat-utils
Then
mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/disk/

With this you can make your disk visible. Of course, method 1 is the best method for you and after doing it once, it works automatically every time. But if method 1 doesn’t work for you, I recommend using method 2.