How to Watch Netflix on Raspberry Pi

How to Watch Netflix on Raspberry Pi

How to Watch Netflix on Raspberry Pi

 Recently, I connected my Raspberry device to the 2nd monitor in my room and thought about watching movies / series via Netflix, but since I had removed the Twister OS operating system I was using on my Raspberry for some reason and switched to Raspberry's official operating system, I encountered an error message when I tried to access Netflix and it prevented me from watching.

When I researched this on the internet, I learned that the media drivers used by Netflix do not come installed by default for Raspberry OS, and when I installed these drivers, I would be able to watch movies/series on Netflix. Without further ado, at the end of the day, I installed the necessary library and I really could watch any movie/series I wanted on Netflix.

By the way, the error code I got on Netflix: c7701-1003 

Error description: The Widevine plugin is not installed on your browser, please install the plugin!

Installing the Netflix media library for Raspberry

First, let's update our device

sudo apt update 
sudo apt upgrade

After updating our device, we install the Widevine library.

sudo apt install libwidevinecdm0

After running the above code, you should now be able to watch movies/series on Netflix without any problems after restarting your device.

Note: Since hardware acceleration on Raspberry Pi devices only works in the Chromium browser, prefer using the Chromium browser over other browsers you have installed when watching videos etc.

I hope I was able to help, if you continue to receive any errors, please write a comment below. I will share a solution with you if I find one.