LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review

LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review


LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review

 Normally, I constantly use a laptop, but recently, whether for school or my own hobby purposes, the programs I use have started to no longer fit on my screen. Actually, that's a bit of an odd way to put it—how could they not fit? It might spark some curiosity, so let me explain..

When using Unity, while setting up a scene, if I needed to write code on one side or arrange the scene on the other, and tried to view the game screen as well, I had to split the screen in half, and that started to severely limit me.

Imagine dividing my 16-inch laptop screen into four vertical sections while using Unity: the hierarchy far left, object properties far right, and the two middle sections for the game and scene. That left me with a rather problematic workspace.

Starting the Review

Anyway, to find a solution, I decided to buy a new monitor and the one I bought is LG's 24-inch "24ML600M-B" model.

I can tell you I'm quite satisfied with the monitor. When drawing or working with visuals like photos, it shows colors quite beautifully, and I can say it's more helpful for me when selecting colors, compared to my laptop screen.

It features 2 HDMI ports on the back, and you can connect two devices at the same time. Afterwards, you can press the button on the bottom of the screen (right under the LG logo) and, by sliding up, down, left, or right, decide which device you want to display on the screen.

If you mess around with the settings there, you'll also see modes like Cinema and Game.

Starting off talking about the back but let me not forget to mention: right next to the 2 HDMI ports on the back, there's also an AUX jack, which means you can mirror audio data from the HDMI input to external audio devices such as speakers if you want.

When you use this monitor with a device that has an AMD graphics card, you can activate the Radeon FreeSync feature.

This monitor has a blur reduction feature down to 1MS and a response time of 5ms.

If you're wondering about the refresh rate, it can go up to 75Hz, but when you first connect it to the computer, it defaults to 59Hz, so you have to adjust this setting yourself later.

It is almost borderless in design and has the necessary mounts on the back for wall mounting. If you're not planning to mount it on a wall, it also comes with a stand so you can use it on your computer desk.

The stand is very easy to assemble—it's only made of 3 pieces. You slot the pieces together, use the screws from the box, and you are ready to start using it.


LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review

Technical Information

LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review

LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review

LG 24ML600M-B 24 Inch Monitor Review