Lichess - Review

 

Lichess

LICHESS

    It would be correct to say that Lichess, which has been played and loved excessively for years, has become almost like a meeting point or even a home for chess players. Currently, there are 113,000 people online and 45,000 games being played in the mobile version at any given moment. It can also be played through the website.


    Before discussing the features of our game, which brings a different perspective and gameplay to classic chess, let’s take a quick look at what's in it and what awaits us. First of all, there is a daily puzzle, and there are training modes, some of which are really challenging. If you want to improve or are just learning to play chess, this feature of the app will guide you. If you'd like to improve yourself by playing against the computer, it offers 8 different difficulty levels to choose from. Whether you play against the computer or other people, it offers 10 different types of chess, one of which is classical chess. Explaining each one individually would take a long time, so I want to talk about my favorite, called Crazyhouse. In this mode, you can place every piece you capture on the board as your own piece, and the number of possibilities and chances increases immensely.


    There are ongoing tournaments and a scoring system. You can analyze your old games or other games move by move. You can design your own board set, pieces, and many other things in the application according to your preferences. The best part is that despite having so many features, it is completely free and ad-free, and there is also Turkish language support. It also houses many Turkish players. When you want to play chess with your friends, all you have to do is set up the game and share the link, so it's very simple, fast, and effective.


    The most important reason it can dominate all similar apps and sites on the market alone is, of course, that it is free and ad-free; it truly values players. It also takes feedback and notifications into account. At the same time, you can create an account and continue playing on any device you want. You can pre-set moves in the game. I forgot to mention this feature above.


Lichess

    About 6 years ago, when I was the president of the chess club in high school, we had very little time to train and improve club members, but thanks to Lichess, we were able to increase that time and win medals at all the tournaments we attended. If you ask me whether I won, unfortunately, I guess I’m not good at playing, but I’m good at coaching. Everyone is good at different things after all, but chess is a game that everyone should have in their life—actually, I don’t even want to call chess a game. I would rather call it a key that opens the door to more beautiful and completely different worlds.


    Long story short, if you want to play or learn chess, you should definitely try playing chess on Lichess; even when you get bored of classical chess, it won’t let you leave the chess universe. The 10 different chess modes I mentioned above really draw you in. Since not every match is rated, you can also play for fun. I’m sure you’ll have a very nice chess experience with your friends or even with your child.