The Man From Earth 1 and 2 Film Series - Review
The Man From Earth Film Series
It was either 5 in the night or 5 in the morning depending on your perspective when I started watching, and even though finishing both films took about 30 minutes, it is a film that deeply affected me, "The Man From Earth"
I can’t really say that I am a very good movie critic or even a critic at all, but I enjoy sharing my thoughts when I compare the few films I’ve watched... Anyway, let’s get to our film
Our film tells the story of a 14,000-year-old caveman who moves from one place to another with a new identity every ten years; or rather, the film focuses on him telling his friends about these events during one of his moves.
Normally, films that take place in just one room or location bore me very quickly, and frankly, I am someone who looks for action and effects in films, but with its storyline and style, The Man From Earth managed to draw my attention.
It is a 2007 film, and despite using no special effects, it managed to make me watch both of its parts in 2021, and while watching, it made me think at times, and even led me to pause the movie to look up some of the terms I heard in the film. Especially since I study in the faculty of fine arts and design, I naturally have an interest in some topics, and some of the terms addressed in the film were things that could engage my interest.
While the film discusses the history of humanity, it also manages to make you think from many angles, and frankly, I can say that I really liked this movie.
I especially liked the first movie a lot, and even though I couldn't focus on the second one as much as the first, I can say I liked it as well. I can’t say the second movie has received very good reviews online – it seems that the number of people who didn't like it is slightly higher than those who did – but you can add me to the group of people who liked it.
Even though it is nearly a 15-year-old film, I won't write an analysis or describe scenes to avoid spoilers, but I can very easily say that it is a movie you definitely need to watch and that it will add something to your view of life.
While in the first movie the stage of telling his friends is addressed, in the second film, topics such as the character aging are explored, and it ended the film on an open note with a finale that really surprised me; I hope a third movie comes out soon.
Without writing much more about the film, I am adding its trailer here and wish a good watch to those who will see it.
Note * : By the way, The Man From Earth is an indie film and has not been screened in cinemas in our country. In fact, since indie (independent) films are not very widespread, this film only began to become popular and a cult classic one or two years after it was released. It is said that the biggest factor in the film's rise in popularity was pirate movie sites, and it is even said that the producer of the film thanked these pirate sites.
Note ** : The Man From Earth was shot with a budget of 200,000$. Let this be added here as general knowledge.


Yorum Gönder