Unity ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not set and no 'java' command could be found in your PATH. Error Solution

Unity ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not set and no 'java' command could be found in your PATH. Error Solution


Unity ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not set and no 'java' command could be found in your PATH. Error Solution 

Hello everyone, today I will talk about a problem I encountered in Unity while trying to build after using Firebase and the solution to this problem.

After including the Auth, Database, and Analytics packages from Firebase into my project, doing the necessary setup, and using them seamlessly in the editor, I wanted to try it on my mobile device as well. That’s when I suddenly encountered an error saying "ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not set and no 'java' command could be found in your PATH." and I couldn’t get a build at all. Afterwards, after tinkering with Unity a bit and doing some research on the internet, I saw that this error actually has a very simple solution.


Unity ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not set and no 'java' command could be found in your PATH. Error Solution


When you encounter such an error, what you need to do is very simple.

First, we go to Edit > Preferences, and from there, in the External Tools section, we click the "Copy Path" button next to the JDK Installed With Unity field.


External Tools Java_Home is not set and no java error solution


Then, we uncheck the tick on the left of the JDK Installed text, and when the tick is removed, the entry field opens up—paste the address we copied there.


External Tools Java_Home is not set and no java error solution


Now, when you build again, you will see that the build process works without any problems.

Note: If you still cannot solve the error with this adjustment, if you manually install the JDK and define the location of the JDK you installed here, the issue will be resolved.

Note**: Make sure that the version of the JDK you installed is compatible with the version of Unity you are using.


If there are still those who get the error despite this process, please do not hesitate to write as a comment, we can look for a solution together.