Unity MD5 Encryption Process

Unity MD5 Şifreleme İşlemi

Unity MD5 Password Generation

Hello everyone, in this article I will explain to you how you can encrypt a string with MD5 in Unity.

You can encrypt texts with MD5, you can encrypt your save files, and you can take a simple security measure for your game. (Of course, you can also use Unity outside its intended purpose to create a password or MD5 generator program.)

Our code and their explanations

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

// Our libraries
using System.Security.Cryptography;
using System.Text;


public class MD5Generator : MonoBehaviour
{

    // Our code
    public static string MD5Hash(string input)
    {
        StringBuilder hash = new StringBuilder(); // We create the string builder.
        MD5CryptoServiceProvider md5provider = new MD5CryptoServiceProvider(); // We call our Cryptography function
        byte[] bytes = md5provider.ComputeHash(new UTF8Encoding().GetBytes(input)); // We set the encoding as bytes.

        // We convert our code
        for (int i = 0; i < bytes.Length; i++)
        {
            hash.Append(bytes[i].ToString("x2"));
        }
        return hash.ToString(); // We output the generated MD5 code.
    }
}

MD5 can be stored as a StringBuilder and if you want to use it anywhere as Text/String, you need to call it with the ".ToString()" function. For extra security purposes, I recommend keeping and using it as a StringBuilder.

Yes friends, I have explained the code for generating MD5 as best as I can, if you have anything you are curious about, you can ask.