What is Adobe Animate (Flash)?

Adobe Animate CC


What is Adobe Animate?

Adobe Animate is Adobe's software that you can use to design vector graphics or animations. Animations created with Animate can be exported as HTML5, WebGL, and SVG, which allows you to prepare very high-quality animations at very low file sizes.

It also allows you to export in Adobe AIR format.

To go to the official Adobe Animate page, click here .

What Can Be Done With Adobe Animate?

As someone studying in the game design department, I can say that you can easily use it for preparing animations especially in the production of 2D games. Other than that, I can also say that our teacher who gave us Adobe Animate training used it in many of their projects.

To give some examples, you can use it in many areas such as motion storyboard, short animations, long animations, cartoons, 2D advertising animations.

As a matter of fact, if you have any 2D animation in your mind, after learning how to use Animate, you can realize that idea.

Besides what I mentioned, I am sure there are many more areas where it is used that I do not know about..

By taking a look at the Adobe Animate promotional video, we can quickly see what can actually be done with it.


History of Adobe Animate

Animate was first released in 1996 under the name FutureSplash Animator. Later, after becoming the main animation creation program for the Adobe Flash platform, it was known as Macromedia Flash, and finally, with the start of preparing animations for HTML5 in our time, its name was changed again to Adobe Animate.

Source: Wikipedia