What is HandBrake? How to Reduce Video Sizes?
What is HandBrake? How to Reduce Video Sizes?
Hello everyone, in this post I will talk about a program that I use frequently. The name of the program is HandBrake, and this program allows us to reduce the size of high-volume videos we have and also lets us change the video extension. Anyway, let's get into the details about the program without further ado.
What is HandBrake?
HandBrake is an open-source program for reducing the size of videos and changing their extensions. (By changing the extension, I mean converting between different video formats.)
I can say that it is a very small but quite powerful program that not only allows you to reduce video sizes but also lets you play with some settings like video resolution.
To download HandBrake, you can click here and visit its official website.
How Powerful is HandBrake
Now, some of you might surely be wondering how much you can reduce video sizes with HandBrake. I can show you as follows. This morning I prepared a small video for my UI Design assignment but since the output was .avi format, it took up about 1GB of space. After using HandBrake, its size dropped below even 1MB.
Actually, I want to draw attention to a detail here: when converting from .avi to .mp4, the size will decrease significantly without losing quality, but if you try to compress an .mp4 file, when you decrease the size, the video quality will start to drop.
How to Reduce Video Size with HandBrake?
Let’s resize the 1GB video you saw above and show you how this process works.
Then, under the "Preset" section, we go to the menu labeled "video" and on the "Quality" part, we move the bar left or right to adjust the quality.
Note: Here, the closer the RF bar is to the left, the worse the quality will be, but as long as it’s on the right side of RF, there won’t be any significant, visible quality loss.
If you want to save as MP4, click on the "Browse" section below and change the name as "video name.mp4".
Now you can click the "Start Encode" button above to reduce the size of your video; depending on your computer's power, this process may take some time.


Yorum Gönder