What is a Kernel? What Does a Kernel Do? What Are Its Duties?
What is a Kernel?
First of all, before starting the article, I want to mention that the Turkish equivalent of "Kernel" is "çekirdek" (core), and now I will proceed.The kernel is the heart of a computer. In general, when we search about the kernel, this is the answer we get most often, so let's examine this together.
The kernel is the heart of the computer because without the kernel, our computer would not respond to our actions or reactions.
When we try to open an application on our computer, the application alerts the kernel and the kernel commands the computer to run the necessary hardware components.
The kernel is active from the very first moment our computer is turned on. If the kernel were not activated, we would see nothing but black pixels on the screen.
What Does a Kernel Do? What Are Its Duties?
Let's list what a kernel does, what its functions are, in a few bullet points.- Establishes the connection between software and hardware.
- Controls system input and output (I/O).
- Controls the hardware devices connected to the computer. (USB, Camera, HDD)
- Performs operations such as labeling idle disks.
Of course, I have written a lot above and maybe the most surprising part for you will be what I am about to write now.
The kernel actively runs every moment you use your computer and performs many tasks.
You may have noticed that it performs these tasks very quickly. In other words, the better and faster your computer's kernel software is, the more stable your computer will run.
As we approach the end of the article, you must have understood what I am trying to say. The kernel is the heart and the center of the computer. Because everything ends with the kernel before anything else begins.
The kernel actively runs every moment you use your computer and performs many tasks.
You may have noticed that it performs these tasks very quickly. In other words, the better and faster your computer's kernel software is, the more stable your computer will run.
As we approach the end of the article, you must have understood what I am trying to say. The kernel is the heart and the center of the computer. Because everything ends with the kernel before anything else begins.


Yorum Gönder