What is Substance Designer?
What is Substance Designer?
Substance Designer is software that allows you to create tileable textures and materials for your 3D models using a Node system.
In fact, it can be used for many purposes besides just creating perfectly tileable materials, but in general, its purpose is to create materials for your 3D models.
You can use the models you create in game engines, and if I have to mention Unity, it works very well with HDRP and you can get very beautiful images.
Since it is a system that works on node basis, you can learn it quite easily, and I can say that its use is very practical.
Note: Tileable is translated into Turkish as “döşenebilir”, but I prefer to translate it as “tekrar edebilir”.
What is Substance Used For?
I can say that Substance is useful for many things, from stylizing 3D models to making low poly models look like they have high polycount. You can also give depth to objects that have none.
I especially plan to use this program for ground designs in games because you can design very nice stylistic floors and there are a lot of tutorials available on the internet.
Also, besides creating materials with Substance Designer, you can also create maps* to use in your models.
* What I mean by maps are texture maps. (Normal Map, Height Map, etc…)
By the way, it cannot go unmentioned: you can almost design a game like Civilization V using only Substance Designer.
What Can Be Made with Substance Designer
Substance Designer Download Links
You can get an education license from the link above.



Yorum Gönder