What is ZBrush?

zBrush


What is ZBrush?

In my previous articles under the 3D title, I mentioned 3D modeling programs like Blender, and in today's post I will tell you about another 3D modeling program: ZBrush.

ZBrush is actually quite a program compared to the other 3D modeling programs I described. In fact, I can say it has very similar features to Blender, but I won't explain that for now and will continue with my article immediately.

ZBrush is a modeling program used to create highly polygonal and highly realistic, professional models. With ZBrush, you can create your 3D models much like a sculptor.

The reason I say 'like a sculptor' is that, unlike other programs, you can create your 3D models just as if you were carving a sculpture. With the tools included in it, you can add protrusions, grooves, and shapes onto any material that comes standard in the program, and as a result, you can achieve any model you want. At this point, it sets itself apart from other 3D modeling programs and truly allows you to create beautiful models.

To help you better understand the type of modeling I want to describe, I am leaving you right below with our fellow who is modeling Venom.


By the way, if I need to give some technical information about ZBrush, it was first released in 1999 by the company Pixologic.

Although ZBrush is a very nice modeling program, unfortunately, I can say that it is not perfect for games, since very high polygon models are created, making it not very possible to use these models in games. However, I can say that it is ideal for concept designs of games.


ZBrush Promotional Video