Windows RDP CredSSP Error and Solution

RDP Cred SSP Fix

Windows RDP CredSSP Error and Solution

Recently, I purchased a server for an online game I created, and while trying to connect to the server I received the following error and couldn’t find a solution while trying to connect to the server. Later, after researching on the internet, I found that this problem could be solved by adjusting a few Regedit settings. 

Windows RDP CredSSP Error and Solution

I didn't want to deal with these methods right away, and I found out that this problem can also be solved with a Regedit file. So I immediately wanted to share it with you on my website.
Before moving on to the solution, I would first like to explain the reason for this error.

Why Does the Windows RDP CredSSP Error Occur?

Due to Microsoft not distributing updates with a regular policy, an incompatibility issue arises between server computers and clients. 
In March 2018, Microsoft updated CredSSP, which is used in Remote Desktop connections. 
Subsequently, with the May 2018 updates, an update was sent that prevents access to machines with missing patches. 

Simply put, this problem arises when the server is updated, but the client computer is not updated.


Windows RDP CredSSP Error Solutions

Solution Method 1 - Update the Remote Server

If the operating system version of the remote server is not current or uses an old Windows version, updating it will resolve this problem. 
However, as this solution may take a long time, if you are in a situation where you can’t update the server immediately, you can use other methods.

Solution Method 2 - Regedit Settings

You can enable remote access to your Windows server by following the steps below:

  • Go to the Start menu and select "Run."
  • Type "gpedit.msc" and press Enter. This will open the local group policy editor.
  • Go to "Computer Configuration" in the window that opens.
  • Then, under "Administrative Templates," select "System."
  • Find and click on the "Credentials Delegation" heading.
  • Find "Encryption Oracle Remediation" and double-click on it.
  • In the window that opens, select "Enabled" to activate the "Encryption Oracle Remediation" option.
  • Click "Options" to detail this setting.
  • In the "Protection Level" section, select "Vulnerable."
  • Click "Apply" and "OK" to apply the changes.

After following these steps, you will be able to start remote access to your Windows server.

Solution 3 - Regedit File

When you install the Regedit file at the link below, you will be able to access the remote server.