Corpse Bride - Review


As someone who loves cartoons and animations, I kept skipping this animation for a long time, thinking today I should do something crazy and watch it, so I started watching.

Firstly, let me say that the reason I kept skipping Corpse Bride was not because the content didn’t interest me; on the contrary, it’s a work that quite piques my interest. Because I am someone who loves science fiction and these kinds of fantastic subjects, but the reason I kept skipping this animation was honestly because of its drawings, or should I say graphics, or maybe because its content has a gothic vibe, I don't know. But I can say it's related to its appearance.

When I watched it, I can tell you that this became one of those animations that made me wonder why I hadn’t watched it earlier. The small jokes within, despite the gothic atmosphere of the animation, are able to make the viewer laugh from time to time.

As for the subject of the animation, it is about two young people named Victor Van Dort and Victoria living in the 1800s, being convinced to marry due to family pressure, falling in love at first sight, and then, during the wedding rehearsal, the boy (Victor Van Dort) messing everything up (let's call it clumsiness) and things going awry. 

During the wedding rehearsal, while trying to memorize the wedding vow he couldn’t say, the boy accidentally says the entire thing and puts the ring on the skeleton of a dead person he thought was a tree, then the bride comes out from underground and says she accepts. Thus, the boy’s trial vow does not go to waste, and our main character accidentally gets married to a dead girl.

Anyway, I won’t tell the rest, but while watching, it really became an animation that I liked and actually made me question life a little.
The characters in the animation are so expressionless and seem like people who don’t enjoy life, I thought. There absolutely must be a light in life. Anyway, there’s no need to say more, I leave you with the trailer of the animation and strongly recommend that you watch it as soon as you find time.
By the way, the animation bears Tim Burton’s signature and was shot using the Step Motion technique. Actually, is it an animation or a film—well, I leave that choice to you.