Ford V Ferrari: Kings of the Asphalt - Review

Ford V Ferrari: Kings of the Asphalt

I have loved Formula 1 races since I was a child, and at the same time, I’ve always really liked cars since I was very young.
When I was very little, I used to repair the engine of our 98 model Mercedes with my father—or rather, my father would repair it, and I would wander around next to him pretending to understand, touching this and that part of the engine. This movie took me back to those childhood days.

The film, which tells the story of the rivalry between Ford and Ferrari, also shows us the friendship between Shelby and Ken Miles.

Even though I wished the ending of the movie was fictional, I watched the film in high spirits right up until the last moment.

For those who know the rivalry between Ford and Ferrari, the movie is very good; for those who don’t, you’ll understand it after you watch the film anyway.
Let me briefly summarize the rivalry for those who don’t know.
Ford wants to buy Ferrari and puts a good amount of money on the table. Ferrari, which is on the brink of bankruptcy, is about to accept, but doesn’t like the last item in the deal (the contract states that the racing team will also go to Ford), and decides not to sell the company.
After years of Ferrari winning at Le Mans 24, Ford also decides to enter the Le Mans 24 race as a rival to Ferrari.

Unfortunately, Ford is not very successful in this regard, because in a race that lasts 24 hours, the cars need to be both fast and very durable.
Ford loses two years in a row, and finally the company strikes a deal with Shelby for one last Le Mans attempt.
Ken Miles drives the car designed by Shelby, and in the end, Ford beats Ferrari in the race.

Of course, after losing the Le Mans 24 championship, Ferrari ends up having to sell the company to Fiat.

By the way, the movie is quite good and entertaining; I recommend watching it when you have some free time or whenever you can find the time.
Since I’ve made my recommendation, I’ll now leave you with the trailer for the movie.