Killing Floor - Review

Killingfloor

Killing Floor

I have always claimed that games which started out as mods and then became standalone games are beautiful. With Killing Floor, I want to show you the correctness of my claim. KF, a classic FPS zombie shooter game, can be a nice alternative when you get bored of other games in its genre. What attracts us players is not so much its single-player feature, but its co-op side. You can play co-op with up to 6 people.

The game has a perk system. There are six different perks under the names Commando, Berserker, Firebug, Support Specialist, Field Medic, and Sharpshooter. As you use these, you level them up, and they can reach up to level 5. With each level, you gain advantages; for example, you can buy your weapon cheaper and deal more damage. You can also change your perk when stages end in the game.

There are about 12 weapons in the game, which is sufficient in my opinion. You can buy these weapons with money from vendors located at certain places on the map. You earn money by killing zombies. The vendor's location changes in every stage, so it's never at the same place. Also, you can find ammo, armor, and weapons in some parts of the maps.

I want to touch a bit on the downsides; the sounds in the game are not that well made, but they do evoke a sense of fear in you. The number of maps is low, but players can create their own stages and maps. The graphics are neither very good nor very bad; I can only say they are sufficient, but I liked the design of the zombies. By the way, there are a total of 9 types of zombies in the game.

In short, I really love playing this game in co-op. Sometimes because of the challenge, sometimes because I get the taste I can't find in similar zombie games, it gives me such a strange feeling of satisfaction that I can't make sense of it. Even entering slow motion all of a sudden and killing zombies that way adds a unique pleasure to the game. It's definitely worth playing and I'm sure it will offer you a nice gaming experience.

My rating for the game: 🎮🎮

Killing


About the Game

Platforms: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Genre: Action, FPS, Horror, Zombie
Publisher: Tripwire Interactive
Developer: Tripwire Interactive
Release Date: May 14, 2009
Price: 31 TL
Series: Killing Floor

Minimum System Requirements

  • Operating System: Windows XP / Vista
  • Processor: 1.2 GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: 64 MB DX9 Compatible
  • Storage: 2 GB
  • Sound: DX 8.1 compatible

Recommended System Requirements

  • Operating System: Windows XP / Vista
  • Processor: 2.4 GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: 128 MB DX9 compatible, PS 2.0 supported
  • Storage: 2 GB
  • Sound: Eax Compatible

Features

  • Single Player
  • Multiplayer
  • Co-op
  • Cross Platform Multiplayer
  • Steam Achievements
  • Steam Trading Cards
  • Steam Workshop
  • Valve Anti-Cheat Support
  • Statistics
  • Level Editor

Trailer