The Current War - Review


The Current War

Hello friends, today I am going to talk about a movie I watched and share my own opinions about the film.

First of all, the name of the film is "The Current War". The film generally tells about the race between companies to distribute electricity after the discovery of electricity.

I can say that the movie, which tells the battle and competition between Edison and the electricity provider of that period, is one of those films that offers really good moments to its viewers. Actually, for Tesla fans like me, while waiting for Tesla to appear on the screen, the fact that the plot constantly revolves around Edison throughout the film admittedly did annoy me a bit.

With Edison advocating direct current and Westinghouse advocating alternating current, the electrification of cities and the lighting of lamps, and the competition between these two companies, viewers are in for an enjoyable time as there are many things to take away from the film. Especially, I can say that those interested in science and looking for a movie to watch should definitely see this film.
Although we see Tesla only for a short time during the film, even in that brief moment, we can see his contributions to the world through his ideas and actions.

I could write a very long text about the film, but since it would contain spoilers, I recommend you to watch the movie and end my review here. Take care, and see you in another post.

By the way, my favorite scenes in the film are when the electricity companies take over cities and place their own bulbs on the cities they have conquered on the map, and the color of these bulbs contains very beautiful details about the film.

While direct current is yellow, alternating current is red; if you pay attention to the view Edison defends during the movie, you will understand what I mean.

Additionally, Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Holland star in the film.